Life is meant to be active, filled with lots of things to do and see. However, when a person gets older, those types of activities are harder to engage in on a routine basis. That said, with proper help and support, it is possible to stay active as you grow older. A recreational program can help with staying active, for example. These programs can give you activities to do that are safe and enjoyable, with ample support. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, you’ll find a wide range of opportunities available to support this process. To learn more about our activities, please contact Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City at 833.497.4390.
Why Is Staying Active So Important?
There’s nothing like a day relaxing with a good movie or an intriguing TV show. However, staying active each day can be more valuable and create a better quality of life for many people. You can and should find activities you enjoy and participate in them fully. When you stay active in senior living, you may see some key benefits, including:
- More stress-fighting hormones running through your body, helping you to feel good
- Better weight management strategies, which can help to reduce health risks
- Exercise and activity can also reduce chronic pain and help you feel more energy
- It’s enjoyable, especially when you can choose the types of activities that interest you the most
- It’s good for brain health, too, improving memory, cognition, and mental health
To learn more about the benefits of staying active, please contact Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City today.
How to Build an Active Lifestyle in Assisted Living
Contrary to what some believe, assisted living can be as enjoyable and exciting as you wish it to be. With recreational programs available, you can find lots to do and explore in an assisted living community. It’s not always about getting up and exercising, either. Here are a few simple ways you can live an active lifestyle in assisted living:
- Attend social events hosted for the community, creating lots of socialization opportunities
- Meditate and engage in yoga
- Participate in adult educational programs, which can help you keep your brain healthy, too
- Attend religious services important to you
- Keep memories alive through enriching activities
- Play some card games or memory challenge games to keep your brain sharp
It is also possible to remain active even when you want more privacy and time to yourself. For instance, you can go for a walk around the community or spend some time gardening in a small plot. You may also want to learn how to bird-watch. The key is to embrace as many different activities as you can. Each activity you engage in is another way to support your mental and physical health. It may even help you to find yourself more involved with family and friends as well.
Find Support at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City
One of the most important ways to ensure your best health and wellbeing is to provide you with ample activities and engagement opportunities. Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City is continually working to offer something new and exciting to each resident. Here, we want to give you the information and support you need to thrive, such as activities you wish to engage in or desire to be a part of daily. We welcome your thoughts and ideas for new active engagement opportunities.
Check out some of the programs we offer and how they work to support our residents:
- Artistry of Moments
- Wise and Well program
- Full dining services
- Full transportation services
- Available housekeeping services
- Adult education programs
Embrace a new quality of life by learning more about Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City. Staying active here is easy with such a wide range of programs and services to support your goals and needs. Most importantly, you’ll feel right at home within our community. We encourage you to learn more about our program by calling 833.497.4390 or connecting with us now online.