Hospice care provides comfort and support for those in their final days of life. In some situations, it is the best decision for everyone involved. A hospice program is better capable of mitigating pain and suffering during the final stages of an illness. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, our hospice care center is readily available if your loved one’s disease has progressed to the point when doctors believe there is no more treatment available. For more information about hospice care and what it means for your loved one, please contact Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City today at 833.497.4390 to learn about assisted and senior living options.
When to Make the Move to a Hospice Care Center
In situations where no further treatment would be effective, it’s crucial to think about the quality of life that your loved one has left. For some, that means getting more help for pain management and improving overall comfort. Hospice care supports the best possible life for those who may not have a lot of time left. Your loved one’s doctor may recommend it once treatment options run out, and they determine that they have three months or less left to live.
The Benefits of a Hospice Care Center
Many people do not know just how versatile and flexible hospice care can be. It offers a wide range of benefits to those who are at the end of their life, no matter how long or short their doctor thinks their time is. Some core advantages of hospice include:
- Comprehensive pain management: There’s more access to pain medications to improve mobility or quality of life.
- Staff to help minimize hardships: In a hospice center, it’s possible to have access to doctors and staff who can provide ample support and treatment for your needs as they change.
- Improved quality of life: Here, there is more opportunity for improving life because care is more personalized to what your loved one needs and wants. This may include more focus on enjoying the better things in life rather than hardships.
- More emotional support: In a hospice center, the staff and providers fully understand the pain you and your family are facing. They can ease everyone through the process with less hardship and pain. They also provide the emotional support necessary through the process.
- Gain access to spiritual support: In hospice, you can reach out and learn, grow, and develop spiritual wellbeing. There’s never any pressure, but there are resources available to help you with questions or concerns you have.
In hospice, your loved one won’t feel alone. They will always have support to ensure they pass these last days in comfort and enjoy their life to the fullest. In this level of senior living care, the staff focuses on your loved one’s comfort and support, allowing you to enjoy their final days together.
Get Support at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City
At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we offer a comprehensive level of support for men and women going through health challenges. When hospice becomes a necessary step or the right decision, we welcome you to reach out to us to learn more about our programs. Keep in mind that we also offer assisted living, which can provide a safe place for you to live if they don’t require hospice care yet.
Learn more about our programs to find out if we’re the right choice for your needs, such as:
- Artistry of Moments
- Wise and Well program
- Full dining services
- Full transportation services
- Available housekeeping services
- Adult education programs
- Recreational programs
It’s never an easy decision to use a hospice care center. However, it’s best to have expert care at your loved one’s side to help them spend their last days in peace. Reach out to Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City to learn more about the programs we offer and how our hospice center can support your loved one. Call 833.497.4390 or connect with us online.