Whether it’s just one or a dozen pills, keeping track of medications is a complicated process for many people. Most people need to take medications in specific orders and times, but they struggle to do so for multiple reasons. Sometimes, they forget, while other times, the process is more complex. Medication management services may help to change this. It may help provide you with the support you need to keep medications in order and on time. That’s why it is one of the core services we offer at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City. To learn more about our care options, please get in touch with our compassionate team at 833.497.4390 today.
Tips for Keeping Track of Medications
If you’re still taking and managing medications on your own, there are a few simple things you can do to make the process a bit easier. Try these tips:
- Purchase a pill organizer. This tool allows you to divide your medications by the day, based on when you should take them. That way, you don’t have to fumble with numerous bottles.
- Fill your bill organizer once a week. If you aren’t sure what you should take, ask someone to help you to fill your medications with you. That way, you can double-check that they are accurate.
- Ask your pharmacist for support if you struggle with organizing your medications or knowing when to take them. They can provide you with guidance and assistance.
- Try to develop a routine for taking your medications. For example, remember to take your morning medications when you get up in the morning, perhaps right alongside your morning coffee. Remember to take your nighttime medications as a part of your washing-up routine before bed.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your doctor questions. If you are unsure about taking medications or what they are doing for you, ask them. You have the right to understand your medication needs.
However, even in the best circumstances, it’s possible to make a mistake. In such cases, you may require
When You Need More Than Medication Tracking
There are some situations where there is more need than just remembering to take your medications. You may need help recording your medications and tracking when you are using them. In addition, you may also need help with knowing when to hold off on medications or how to make changes to your medication usage when your doctor alters your meds.
In these situations, you may want to consider the use of medication management. For those who are ready to move into an assisted living community, medication management is one of the services we can offer to you. It is one of the best ways for you to ensure you are taking medications properly. Our nurses will manage the entire process for you. That includes ensuring that you get the refilled medication promptly, so you are never out of medicine. We can also help you to manage the side effects and problems you’re having with your medications.
Explore How We Can Help You at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City
As life changes and your health needs also change, it’s time to think about the benefit of an assisted living community. We encourage you to learn more about the services we offer and how they could better your life. That includes providing you with support at any level you need. Invest a few minutes into considering how living with us could change your future. We offer services such as the following to support you:
- Wise and Well program
- Home health care
- Medication management program
- Transportation services
- Dining services
- Recreational programs and services
Are you having trouble keeping track of medications? Allow our team to offer help. This is one of the many services we provide to our residents. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we strive to make our community as beneficial as possible. Ready to learn more? Call us now at 833.497.4390 or reach out to us online for more information.