Home health care is an essential resource for older adults who are struggling with their everyday needs. Your loved one may have trouble getting around or may want to live at home as long as they can. Some people need some help to make that possible. The benefits of home health care include improving their quality of life while meeting their needs. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we offer a range of tools to make that possible. Call our team today at 833.497.4390 to learn more about our services.
What Are Home Health Care Services?
This term depends on where you go for help. Generally, a person who wants to live on their own for as long as possible but needs medical support to get around and stay healthy. Home healthcare services can fill in those gaps. Even if your loved one has family and friends who can help, having a professional come to the home on a routine basis ensures all of their needs are met.
Home health care services (and others) we offer at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City include:
- Fall prevention services
- Transportation services to and from doctor’s appointments or other needs
- Home health monitoring
- Housekeeping services
- Medication management services
- Support with meals
When it comes to providing health needs, it is important to work closely with our team to communicate what your loved one’s specific needs are. There may be some care needs that may not be available through our service. However, our team can offer insight and help find the care that’s fitting to your goals.
What Are the Benefits of Home Health Care Like This?
Utilizing home health services makes sense when a person is no longer able to care for themselves as they need to preserve health and safety. Medical conditions such as injuries or disease and conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia make it difficult for a person to maintain their health long term without help. Some of the key benefits that this type of service can offer include:
- Reducing falls and injuries when a person may be unsteady on their feet
- Reducing hospital readmissions by ensuring needs are met according to doctor’s requirements consistently
- Getting help for housework that’s become too hard to manage, ensuring a person maintains a healthy living space that’s comfortable for them
- Providing respite care for family members who may be providing care all the time
- Ensuring medical needs are met, such as wound care or physical therapy, as much as possible within the limitations of the provider
- Allowing a person to remain at home as long as possible where they are happy and surrounded by family and friends
For those who do not need to be monitored in a hospital setting but still need help at home, home health services can fill in the gaps. That may include having a professional handle bloodwork or getting support with medication management.
One of the key things that we do is to provide versatility and flexibility. That means giving your loved one access to as many of the assisted living services as we can to ensure you have the best ability to live life the way you want to do so.
Call Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City Today
The benefits of home health care services are inherent when you need that level of care. Yet, many people think it is out of reach or too hard to manage. It does not have to be. With the team at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City available to your family, we’ll work closely with you to meet each of your loved one’s needs. Learn more about what we can do when you call 833.497.4390 or connect with us now online.