Remaining active and engaged with life well into your retirement makes life more enjoyable. It may help you stay healthy longer, too. How do you stay busy in retirement if your life has slowed down so much? It can seem a bit challenging, especially if you have some limitations on mobility. Engaging in a recreational program and taking on new activities may be possible even in this situation. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we aim to provide you with the tools and resources you need to stay engaged. To learn more about our community, please contact our team today at 833.497.4390.
How to Stay Busy in Retirement
Are you looking for new things to do? Maybe you want your days to have more meaning and interest to them. It’s always important to choose activities that interest you specifically. When you love what you’re doing, you’re more likely to continue to participate. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started. Use these to find new things to do in your area.
- Learn a new hobby. That may seem like the most common recommendation. Think outside of the box. What have you always wanted to do? Woodworking, building something, gardening, reading up on new topics, or engaging in political commentary are all excellent ways to stay busy.
- Get out with friends at least weekly. Set up a time for lunch each week with a group of friends. Do it every week at the same time. You can do this with more than one group.
- Look for a local recreation program. If you live in a community with a rec center, find out what older adult programs are available. Fitness, arts and crafts, and social clubs are good ways to stay active and enjoying life.
- Help your family and friends. Spend some time with family that needs help. In addition, you can volunteer at a local religious organization. Look for a local charity that needs help with phone calls or connecting with people.
- Work on yourself. That may include engaging in self-care. Work on improving your fitness and overall health. Start cooking again and make foods that you love that are also nutritious. Pass down those recipes to loved ones.
- Start writing. You’ve witnessed a lot in your years. Why not start writing your words of wisdom to others? Even if you don’t have a lot of skill in writing, turn on a recorder to tell those stories so others can benefit from them.
At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we offer a range of ways for our residents to stay busy. To learn more, please get in touch with our team today at 833.497.4390.
Activities for Older Adults Are Always Available
For those looking for a way to stay active but perhaps need a bit more support to do so, consider an assisted living community. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we offer many activities for older adults. That includes arts and crafts programs, fitness programs, adult education programs, and much more. You can pick and choose the types of activities you want to be a part of and perhaps even share your own ideas. The goal here is to be happy and engaged with life in as many ways as possible for your own wellbeing.
Let us help you stay active. Learn more about the various programs and services we offer in our community. Even if you’re not sure you want to make the move, we can help you learn more about services such as:
- Wise and Well program
- Medication management program
- Transportation services
- Meals on Wheels
- Artistry of Moments
Retirement doesn’t have to be boring, and when you reach out to Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, it won’t be.
Call Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City
You can stay business in retirement when you move into our assisted living community. If you’re ready for a change and a new opportunity, we want to show you all of the benefits you’ll find here. Take the time now to schedule a visit to Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City. Set one up by calling 833.497.4390 or connect with our team online today.