Respite care provides a critical service to family members caring for loved ones. No one can give the same level and care that you can to your loved one. Yet, we know it’s essential to have help. Being able to trust a team of professionals to care for your loved one so you can take care of your own needs is critical. The benefits of respite care at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City are numerous and well worth your investment. To learn more, please reach out to our team today at 833.497.4390.
What Are the Benefits of Respite Care in Our Program?
Respite care allows a professional to provide short-term care while you, the regular caregiver, are not available or need some time away. With this type of care, a loved one receives the very specialized senior living services necessary to keep them safe and healthy while you cannot be there. Some of the core benefits of respite care include:
- Ensuring caregivers receive the relaxation and renewal they need to continue providing quality care to their loved one. Respite care allows a caregiver to step away without worry.
- Respite care provides an opportunity for engagement with others, often providing an opportunity for socializing in a group setting.
- Providing a necessary break for the caregiver’s mental health is critical to their long-term ability to maintain focus on their loved one. Depression, anxiety, and stress can impact their ability to care without these breaks.
- Respite care provides an opportunity for a caregiver to maintain their sense of self. Without this type of support, they may find themselves unable to build their own life.
- Stepping away even for a few hours a week helps to reset perspective for the caregiver. This service allows a person to gain a clear mind, refocus their thoughts and energy, and be ready for the next challenges.
Respite care is not meant to limit a person’s quality of life but to match it when a caregiver needs some time away. This may be a few hours a few times a week, or it may be several hours. Sometimes, it may need to be longer if you need to travel.
How to Take Advantage of Respite Care
If you are unsure if your loved one can be left alone or in the hands of an inexperienced family member, consider the value of respite care. When you set up this type of program as often as you need, you can turn to these professionals right away for guidance and support as you need to do so. For example, if you’ve become ill or otherwise cannot provide the level and type of senior living care your loved one needs, you want to know there is a trusted professional ready to help them.
Your loved one receives exceptional care in our center and the specific type of support they need to maintain their safety and health. There are many opportunities to flourish here, including assisted living programs such as:
- Educational programs
- Recreational programs
- Wise and Well program
- Arts and crafts programs
- Fall prevention program
- Medication management
If you have a loved one with physical limitations or dementia, do not put off getting them the care they need. Instead, reach out to a professional who can help you. Our trusted counselors are happy to discuss your needs with you today.
Call Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City Today
Invest in your own wellbeing by reaching out for our respite care services at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City. With a comprehensive assisted living program readily available to meet the needs you have and those of your loved one, we encourage you to reach out to us. Learn more when you call 833.497.4390 or connect with us online today.