After an injury or an extended stay in the hospital, it’s hard to move and function like you did before. That’s one of the reasons to invest in physical therapy. It can help you regain your strength and confidence again, allowing you to get back to life. The benefits of physical therapy are numerous, but they all come down to restoring your quality of life and wellbeing. Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City offers therapy services in our community as well as in your home. Please get in touch with our compassionate team members today at 833.497.4390 to learn more about our services.
What Are the Benefits of Physical Therapy?
Every situation is different based on whether you’ve suffered an injury or are recovering after surgery. These are some of the most common benefits people see from working in physical therapy.
- Reduction of pain: Physical therapy is one of the best ways to reduce pain holistically. By moving joints and limbs that hurt, you strengthen them. You also help the nerve signals in the area to function properly, reducing pain.
- Minimize the risk of complications: When engaging in therapy, it may be possible to reduce the risk of having surgical procedures or other difficulties. For example, if you’ve fallen, it may be possible to work to strengthen tendons and ligaments with physical therapy. This may improve mobility without surgery.
- Improve balance: Working to strengthen your muscles enables you to gain more strength and endurance. It also helps to improve balance. This can help you to avoid falls in the future. You’re less likely to fall over and more likely to catch yourself.
- Get moving again: After an extended hospital stay, it’s hard to have the endurance to get up and do the things you used to do. Even getting dressed and preparing a meal can seem impossible. Using physical therapy, you can slowly start working to see significant improvement in your ability to accomplish tasks.
- Improve mobility to reduce health complications: After a stroke or injury, it’s easy to stay in bed. Yet, that increases the risk of developing or worsening diabetes, vascular conditions, and heart disease. Moving helps you get in some extra exercise instead.
There are many additional benefits of physical therapy. To learn more about these benefits, please reach out to our team today at 833.497.4390.
Physical Therapy Offers Healing
No one expects you to run a marathon. Slow and steady improvements are the goal. Your therapists will establish some primary areas to work on and set goals. Then, you’ll work on achieving those goals one session at a time. You’ll have ample breaks and time to recover. These professionals know how to help you improve your mobility and get back to living your life. You have to trust them to support you through this process.
Let Our Professionals Help You with Physical Therapy
Investing in physical therapy for older adults can contribute to health and preventing further injury and disease. It may enable you to live a longer and more active life. At Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, we offer these programs to support you as you work to heal. Allow our team to meet with you to discuss what your needs or concerns are. You’ll find that you’ll develop the skills necessary to feel more confident over a short amount of time.
We’re here for many of your needs. Learn more about them, including:
- Meals on Wheels support
- Home health care
- Speech therapy programs
- Medication management services
- Transportation services
When you contact Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City, you find the support you need to thrive.
Learn More at Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City
When you give us a call to discuss your needs for physical therapy or other services, know we’re here for you. Expect comprehensive resources and top-notch staff ready to support you. Our team wants to ensure your needs are always met. Learn more about what Wickshire Senior Living Oklahoma City does better than the competition. Call us at 833.497.4390 or connect with our team now online.